If you are really looking for an excellent dessert recipe and love the southern cooking pattern, this is the recipe for you. This strawberry pound cake recipe is one of the favorites among the southern states and is perfect for any kind of occasion. This strawberry pound cake recipe can be made with either white or yellow cake mix and can also be used with any from-scratch cake recipe. Let’s talk about the recipe and ingredients for this strawberry cake.
Ingredients are the main part of any recipe. Before starting any recipe, always know the right quantity of the ingredients so that you can prepare the perfect one. Well, without wasting your time, let’s talk about the ingredients. The ingredients for this recipe are one lb. ( 453g) of strawberries (These will be pureed to one cup (232g) and reduced overheat to 1/2 cup as explained below), three cups (600g) sugar, three sticks of unsalted butter, slightly softened, five large eggs, room temperature, three cups (375g) all-purpose flour (not self-rising), 1/2 cup cooled, reduced strawberry puree, 1/2 teaspoon (2g) baking powder, 1/2 cup milk, and two teaspoons (8g) strawberry extract. Apart from that, you can use pink food coloring. This is totally optional.
Process Of Making
- Preheat the oven to 350 degrees. However, if you are baking in a dark-colored pan, you should reduce the temperature to 325 degrees, and that is why you may need to bake a bit longer.
- Now, wash all the strawberries and make a puree using a blender. Then put the puree on medium heat and turn it into one cup to half cup. While the timing, you have to stir the puree for a smooth texture.
- Thereafter, take another mixing bowl and add flour and baking powder to combine. Set aside.
- Then, in the bowl, add cream and butter until it turns into a smooth texture. After that, add eggs and sugar to beat the batter. However, in this step, you can add food color as well if you like.
- Now, add 1/2 cup milk and reduced strawberry puree in the mixture and beat well. If the consistency is not perfect or seems so tight, you may add some milk. Then again, blend until it turns smooth.
- Then take the baking pan and grease it, and pour the batter on it.
- Bake for 1 hour 10 minutes or until the long wooden skewer comes out clean.
- At last, remove the baked cake from the oven and keep it aside for cooling.
If you want to add some vanilla glaze over the strawberry pound cake, then you have to take 2 1/2 cup powdered sugar, 1 tbsp vanilla extract, and 2 tbsp milk. Mix all the ingredients and spread them over the cake.
You can spread vanilla glaze over the cake in a unique way to decorate the cake. Apart from that, you can arrange some fresh strawberries on the top, which gives an elegant look to the cake. Hence, your cake will be attractive and delicious that everybody would like to eat.