Chocolate profiteroles are the best option for a wedding party. Making this cake is not as hard as you think. The recipe is very easy that anyone can prepare it at home. This pastry can be served at wedding parties or other occasions. Well, are you interested to know the process of preparation for this cake? Well, you don’t have to worry about it because we will mention the process below.
While one would want to prepare this cake, follow the steps thoroughly. All the steps required have different ingredients. This recipe can serve six people.
- Profiteroles have three components, the choux pastry, the chocolate sauce, and the chocolate pastry.
- For the chocolate sauce, the ingredients required are 170 gm dessert chocolate that should be roughly chopped, 285 ml of water and 115 gm of granulated sugar or brown sugar.
- Last but not least ingredients for the chocolate pastry cream. 1 egg, 1 egg yolk, 55 gm of castor sugar, 20 gm of plain flour or grained flour, 1 tablespoon of coffee essence, 85 gm of plain chocolate, 285ml of milk, and 15 gm of cornflour are required for the cream. All the ingredients should take in the proper quantity otherwise the taste will not be good.
- First, prepare the base of the cake. Set the oven at 200 degrees Celsius and then place the choux pastry into small balls on a dampened baking sheet. Now, you have to bake this until crispy. However, it will take almost 30 minutes. After baking the base allow it cool.
- Now prepare the chocolate cream. In a medium bowl, add the following ingredients like egg, butter, sugar, coffee essence, flour, milk, and cornflour. Then mix perfectly using an electric blender until it creates a foam. You can add milk and water for consistency.
- The last step is to prepare the chocolate sauce. First, melt the chocolate at a low temperature then add powdered sugar. When the sugar dissolves in the liquid then add water and cook for a few minutes. When the consistency is like a sauce, turn off the stove and allow it to cool.
Garnish Your Profiteroles
After preparing all the essential parts of this cake then you have to give the ultimate look and finish. Next, time to decorate your cake with cream and chocolate chips. Take the base of the cake then put the cream and decorate it with various designs. Thereafter, spread chocolate syrup on the topmost layer of the cake. Thus, your chocolate profiteroles will be ready to serve. You can serve it to your guests who attended the wedding party. I hope, all of them liked this new dessert pastry.