Do you love lemon pudding? How about pudding cake? If so, you are going to love this recipe for a baked lemon pudding cake. This dessert is super easy to make and it tastes amazing. You will be impressed with how delicious this cake is. So, if you are looking for a new and exciting dessert to make, give this recipe a try.
These pudding cakes are so rich and creamy. They taste like a cross between baked custard and lemon cake, but better! The texture is smooth and delicate and it melts in your mouth. And, the lemony flavor is amazing.
The lemon flavor is intense and delicious. If you are looking for a new dessert to try, this is it!
-1 cup (2 sticks) unsalted butter, at room temperature
-1 1/2 cups granulated sugar
-3 large eggs, beaten
-1/4 cup all-purpose flour
-1 teaspoon baking powder
-1/4 teaspoon kosher salt
-zest of 2 lemons
-1 1/2 cups whole milk
1. Preheat the oven to 350 degrees F. Butter the sides of an 8×8 inch baking pan. Line the bottom with parchment paper and butter the paper.
2. In the bowl of an electric mixer, cream the butter and sugar together until light and fluffy. Add the eggs and mix until well combined.
3. In a separate bowl, whisk together the flour, baking powder, and salt. Add the dry ingredients to the wet ingredients and mix until just combined.
4. Stir in the lemon zest and milk, mixing until just combined.
5. Pour the batter into the prepared pan and bake for 35-40 minutes, or until a toothpick inserted into the center comes out clean. Let cool before serving. Enjoy!
Can I Make This Ahead of?
Yes, this is a great make-ahead dessert recipe. The pudding can be backed up to 2 days in advance and kept covered in the fridge. Reheat in the oven until hot throughout before serving.
The baked pudding can be chilled for up to 4 hours before serving. If kept for about 1 hour in the fridge, this lemon pudding cake will taste just as good – if not better!
Can I Use Different Types of Milk?
Yes, it is possible to substitute almost any type of milk for the 2% milk used in this lemon pudding cake recipe. You can even use substitutions like almond or soy milk for a dairy-free version!
How Long Will This Baked Lemon Pudding Cake Last?
If you cover lemon pudding cake tightly with plastic wrap and store it in the refrigerator, it should stay fresh for up to 3 days. You might need to add fresh fruit or whipped cream before serving.
How Many Servings of Lemon Pudding Cake Are There?
This lemon pudding cake recipe yields 6 to 8 servings, depending on how big you cut the pieces. Note that this lemon pudding cake recipe is rich and sweet! You might not want to eat more than one or two pieces, especially if you pair them with fresh fruit or whipped cream.
This baked lemon pudding cake recipe is so easy to follow and it results in a delicious dessert that everyone will love! So, next time you are looking for something special to make, give this recipe a try. You won’t regret it!