The no oven cheesecake is usually made with cream cheese, yogurt, eggs, and sugar. It has only 1 tablespoon of flour. It could be added some butter or margarine to make it softer. The ingredients are mixed together (except for the crust part ), poured into a pan (usually 8 inches), and baked for about 45 minutes. Generally, no-bake cheesecakes do not contain sour cream or baking powder/soda to help them rise. They can be topped with fruit or caramel sauce.
Many people think that if they don’t have an oven, then they can’t make cheesecake. I’m here to tell you that’s not true! With this no-bake cheesecake recipe, you can whip up a delicious and creamy treat in your kitchen without the need for traditional baking techniques.
No oven cheesecake Making
no oven cheesecake is 5 layers of thick, creamy, luscious bliss. The first layer is a rich cookie crust (made without butter!) which tastes like an oatmeal chocolate chip cookie (my favorite kind). The second layer is a light no-churn vanilla cheesecake that’s swirled with sweet strawberry jam. The third layer is my favorite – fresh blueberries covered in melted white chocolate for some added decadence. Layer four features more yummy vanilla cheesecake studded with plenty of blueberries and white chocolate chips on top. The top layer is a thick and creamy whipped cream that gets naturally swirled into pretty peaks. It’s pure heaven!
if you love no-bake, cheesecake, or just epic desserts in general then this no oven cheesecake is for you!
The ingredients for no oven cheesecake
no-bake blueberry vanilla cheesecake
1/2 cup (75g) vegan butter (such as earth balance) — softened
1/4 cup white sugar — can sub any other sweetener
pinch of salt
2 cups (250g) vegan digestive biscuits (or Oreos) — crushed to crumbs
1 tbsp (8g) arrowroot powder OR cornstarch – used to thicken the filling slightly without using eggs
1/2 cup (80g) strawberry jam (or any other flavor jam!)
2 cups fresh blueberries (250g) — divided
melted white chocolate — for drizzling — 2 tsp solid coconut oil, softened or melted — 1/4 cup powdered sugar — 1 tbsp water
1. Grease and line an 8 inch round springform pan with parchment paper. Add all the crust ingredients to a food processor and pulse until blended together – it will clump together when you press it between your fingers. Alternatively, add the biscuits to a ziplock bag and crush them with a rolling pin! Press the mixture firmly into your pan and pop in the fridge.
2. Add all of the filling ingredients to a food processor and blend until smooth! Pour the mixture over your crust, smooth out with a spatula, then pop in the freezer for 30 minutes while you make your third layer.
3. Melt 1/4 cup blueberries with 1 tbsp water over low heat, then push through a sieve into a small bowl to remove seeds. You should be left with around 2 tbsp of purple liquid – whisk this with 1 tbsp arrowroot powder OR cornstarch until lump-free (this is called ‘slurry’). Pop back on medium heat and stir constantly until thickened – it should coat the back of your spoon thickly when ready! Remove from heat and allow to cool just slightly before pouring over your cheesecake layer.
4. Place the remaining 2 cups of blueberries in a medium bowl, then stir through 1 tbsp arrowroot powder/cornstarch and 1/4 cup sugar tightly – it will become slightly gel-like when ready! Pour this berry compote on top of your cheesecake layer. Pop back in the fridge for at least an hour to set fully before removing from the pan and decorating with melted chocolate drizzles (see video).
5. To make the white chocolate drizzle, whisk together the coconut oil, powdered sugar, and water until smooth – you may need to pop it in the microwave for 10 seconds if it is too thick! Place into a zip baggie, snip off the end, and drizzle over the top of your cake. Enjoy!